Technology Acquisition: Expertise
1) We develop comprehensive project plans — including Project Schedules, Communications Plans, Configuration Management Plans, and Risk Management Plans — providing a detailed outline of all project-oversight processes.
2) NYSTEC provides project-management oversight for project planning, execution, and control activities. We also schedule, conduct, attend, and document project-review meetings.
3) We review project task orders, statements of work, change orders, and related project-scope documents and advise agency management regarding the reasonableness and efficacy of such documents.
4) NYSTEC evaluates the approach and methodologies employed by project teams and makes recommendations regarding industry best practices. We also assist in the design and implementation of project-monitoring tools and methodologies for an agency.
1) Our specialists provide analytical and technical expertise to identify and document needs and requirements, identify potential solutions, define the scope of work, and prepare specifications or requirements appropriate for IT solicitations or projects, using best practices and industry standard tools and techniques;
2) NYSTEC recommends appropriate performance specifications (such as uptime percentages, system-response times, and maintenance-response times) for IT systems; and
3) We adhere to accepted project-methodology standards and technology approaches for tools, platforms, or products included in any solution.
1) Our project managers and engineers evaluate the work products of project teams (including third-party consultants retained by the agency), and assist with test plans, script development, and user-acceptance testing.
2) NYSTEC participates in design, code, and process reviews to incorporate quality assurance and controls. We also perform functional audits to ensure consistency with system requirements and delivered products.
3) We ensure that tools appropriate for documentation, testing, debugging, versioning, and change management are employed. We also assess program specifications and related project documentation for completeness, consistency, and clarity.
1) We will provide contract procurement support for your IT acquisitions. NYSTEC has a wealth of experience in developing RFIs, RFPs, and mini-bids for a wide range of technologies and enterprise architectures.
2) NYSTEC provides an independent assessment of applicable technologies and costs, as well as the impact of those new technologies on your business processes and architectures.
3) Our specialists are thoroughly familiar with New York State Procurement Guidelines and practices. We bring a comprehensive process tailored to the specific needs and requirements of the agency.